Canandaigua 4/27

Finally got out for a trip with 33canuck, we shot straight to Tichenor Pt and set up 3 color and 200 copper while Kurt deployed 7 color he asked me to put a board on as he was steering too and whammo. Nice hit right away fish on, we kept working south and Kurt gets the first rainbow of the season for the Brown How'nd. Good sized 7 lb fish, hooked with a chicken wing. We couldn't get another bite after that perhaps it was the full moon or we may have gotten a little late start. We had some laughs when discussing lead lengths and planer boards and no one was steering as we discovered Wanda's Shoal is only 23' deep, yikes close one. Great day to be on the water!

Was a great shakedown, thought we were going to pound them, turns out we jsut started in the right spot :thinking:

42713bow_zps7ddce462.jpg

72CananBow042713_zps48c1479f.jpg

Was a nice female, fresh out of the creek, she had a few eggs left to spawn out and hellgrammites still crawling in her belly

Nice fish! That spoon looks almost like one of the old Acme Looters :)  I never knew that the rainbows fed on hellgramites....I used to use them for bass (they love them) and as a kid sold them (adults) at my "bait stand"

Hey Guys,

That's a dandy rainbow.

I was out Sunday morning.  got a late start, launching on the south end.  Not impressed with the new dock.  Tried a shallow program for the browns without a touch.  Other boats fishing out in the middle, so checked for bottom blips in the deep water.  Saw a tight gang of them in front of Vine Valley in 160'.  By then it was flat calm, so i jigged and got my first vertical fish of the season - a real fat 26 incher.    Then a hat -snatching wind suddenly kicked up that made it tough to steer, so bagged it for the day.

Edited by Pete Collin

Great to see ya got out for the season there Mike! Nice looking bow! You and Tom gotta hook up and drive North to the big pond this summer and see what we can do about some kings! I have some work to do on the Stand & Deliver machine yet. Minor Yamaha things that are the usual every two year thing. Waiting on some gaskets to finish the job right now. Keep in touch Mike, glad to have you go along anytime.

Mark