Mikes Marian vs Salmon Country

Interested in what the goin rates are in general on Lake O compared to where  I am from on the Great Sacandaga. Typically the lowest docking price for a 20' boat is $1,250. It will go up each foot $40.

I am at Salmon Country for the first time this year and I am very satisfied. I have a camp on Sandy Pond and am afraid I won't be able to get out of the channel this year, so i spent the  extra $ to be safe. Very easy in/out, and the drive isn't bad for me. Gives me an excuse to stop for breakfast at the little salmon inn!

I called them both before choosing and heard that the new guys are put in the "swamp" at Mikes, which  sounded like what I was trying to get away from. Salmon Country has been great, and I have a Mercury outboard and they are a Merc certified marina, which is nice

Edited by BHufnagle

Interested in what the goin rates are in general on Lake O compared to where  I am from on the Great Sacandaga. Typically the lowest docking price for a 20' boat is $1,250. It will go up each foot $40.

I paid $500 at Salmon Country For a 23' W/A

Down the road at Port Ontario, it is about $1750...

No real mechanic at Salmon Country but good docks. Mikes has a great mechanic and okay docks. I have spent years at both and now reside at Wrights Landing in Oswego. It was best to seperate my mechanic from marina owner. I also burn a whole lot less fuel fishing out of Oswego even with paying more for a dock I still spend less then I used to in the little salmon. Mikes also has key operated fuel pumps which is very convenient. Salmon country's fuel pumps are only open when they are.

Thanks for the responses.  I was told $750 was the cheapest available for my 22fter at Salmon Country.  And $550 at Mike's (which is gonna be in the swamp im guessing.)  I haven't checked at Wrights yet but I heard it's at least $1000.