Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Well its mixing and its going to really mix up tomorrow lol..I would rather have it doing this than being stagnant and hot..too early for that lol..

Hopefully its a successful holiday weekend for everyone who fishes. I dont see us getting those in close kings this year. I think that had to do with last winters no show....

mrclean? are you just lucky to be born wealthy or do you work nights?? haha

Well I do work nights lol..When I decide too...lol. Ive owned MPD concentrate for 22 years now.

I think I am going to give it a shot after this front passes thru, see what we got...

Edited by mrclean

As of right now were just waiting for this front to pass thru tonight. Heres where we are at..

This front is going to smack thru tonight, waves will build and then subside by tomorrow night. So basically for everyone arriving and fishing Saturday you should have some nice fishing conditions because the heavy winds are coming from the north and NW...

She should be mixed up just fine for us. Today were cleaning and prepping the boat. were going to give it a shot tomorrow morning if we can get out. I will post something from the marina office once we get a beat on it...

Looks like a typical memorial day weekend (dont forget the flags lol) We might get a nice suprise with the browns....\\

I like this stirrup...

Well basically its windblown lol. That lake has been unfishable for the past two days. The good news is there is a nice mud line ready and waiting. As of an hour ago she was still blowing heavy, gusts up in the 20's. Perfect weekend to fly a flag thats or sure lol. But the sun has been out, its just been very windy.

Tomorrow morning should be perfect with mixed up water and 1-2's! Lets go get em....

Well tonights report is nothing but early bass and panfish lol.. I dont remember the last memorial day weekend where we could not get out and fish but this ones in the books. Finally the wind died this afternoon and a few of us went out. Browns are still in, I spent an hour around the pier and nothing happened but the mudd water and fish are there. One of the charters slipped out for abit and came back with three medium browns. water temp was in the 50's right outside the pier.

We did however have our fun in the bay and slammed a few bass holes we know of. Some pike turned up by doud island area too...

Lets see what the next few days brings condition wise. Im going to start converting to salmon this week. I typically start around 120 and work my way out....

But hey you didnt miss much at all this weekend..Hope eveyone had a fun time anyway...

942731_3072583191469_1580703174_n.jpg

I am planning on a trip to Fair Haven. We would stay at the State Park in the RV. Are there any particular maps showing depth that  I could access prior to coming? Especially if they had the landmarks on them.  Iknow what the bluffs are, but some of the other landmarks in this thread I have no idea

The nice thing about fair haven is that there are excellent landmarks for navigation and depth wise its all pretty consistent.

Once you go thru the chute...ie (for those that dont know thats what we call the pier") which is direct N on a compass you can go either left , right or straight out. If you go left as you head toward sodus you would pass a green camp about  a good mile past the blind sodus point which is about a 1/4 mile from the chute. If you went right you would head pass the bluff system ie First bluff (fair haven state park), second bluff (which is very visiable on a clear day 3 miles plus off shore), third bluff which is much smaller and finally moon beach which is a major landmark in that direction. If you go past moon beach then your getting toward the Oswego area. Clearly you will see the stacks and smoke of Oswego from the chute and points north from Fair haven. That actually is a very good landmark for navigation purposes.

As your fishing take a look at the shoreline. Once you head north utilize the bluffs and the stacks for verification. That of course assumes it is clear. If you are ever out in the fair haven area and fog rolls in or something like that. SImply head south on your compass and you will hit shoreline within a close distance of the chute.

Depth wise its 15 right out of the chute. As you head North if you get parallel with the Oswego stacks your in 100 feet of water. If you get the stacks to be at 5pm(as you head north) you would be in about 200 feet of water. Ive actually used this theory quite well over the years as verification over  electronics. The depth levels will remain consistent once your out deep. Again its more of where are you in relationship to the chute....

At this point its pretty much head north for kings. Start at 100 feet and work out to 250

20838_1148531091369_660359_n.jpg

Edited by mrclean

Came up to fairhaven for a few days of fishing with my wife hope to hook up with some Kings maybe we will see you on the water. We have an 18 ft Starweld might have the enclosure on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ive been using 68 this year. Usually its 05 but apparently there was or still is a problem with excessive static cutting in and out. It was like that in early April. Im not sure if there still is a problem. 68 has always been a popular channel but I like 05 too..

We will be out on the lake Saturday AM - Sunday PM. Weather permitting...results will be posted. I will try to stop by and say hi to the Bayshore Marina members.

Boy talk about Summer like lol. Man it was hot. Me and my buddy Capt n Bill went out last  night after it cooled down. We worked around 100 feet and picked up a nice steelhead 50 feet down. There is a ton of cotton out there and with a flat lake you have to make sure your stuff gets down without the hook getting contaminated.

This morning we switched boats and headed out again. This time we went deeper and fished 170 to 190 feet. Straight out the pier working a little east. We ended up getting three kings. Two small ones and a big boy at 26 lbs (38 inches).

Now tonight the front moves in so tomorrow re-draw the chalkboard. But right not we left the fish at 170 to 200. Get deep 125, use your spoons, keep it simple......

Tomorrow should be fish-able....

Edited by mrclean