Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Thanks now that I know the layout of that boat, the next time I go I can setup the cam better. I though I was going to drop it in the water a couple of times lol...

By the end of the day there were some browns taken in by the chute so they are still there. One or two lakers as well. Salmon seem to be lying real deep so set your riggers down. I probably would have went brown fishing if there wasnt all that cotton on the surface...

Tomorrow we shall see

971984_3084298684349_1074347410_n.jpg

Edited by mrclean

Glad to oblige lol. And thanks to everyone else chipping in with their reports as well. The more information we have, the more things will make sense as we move into the season. I did find out channel 05 is back up so thats pretty much the one I plan on using from now on.

Edited by mrclean

Ummmm... We were out Saturday am 6 - 2 pm and started inside east for browns and made a few passes. Couldn't get them going so headed north. Caught a few lakers 35' down over 130' of water, chicken wing spoon,then nothing. Headed further out to 250' and back. Too much junk in the water for us out deep. Clumps of hydrilla on everything. Spent the rest of the time in 130' got too hot so we headed in. It was a humbling day for us on lady O. Sounds like we should have went out later!

thanks. Dont feel bad everyone has those humbling days. Heck I cant count the times Ive had boats around me pulling them in and im shootin blanks lol....

Look at it this way. You didnt loose the war you just lost a battle....There was alot of junk out there. This front approaching now should move that out. If I cant get out in the morning Im going to give it a shot tomorrow night.

Mr Clean, I spotted you down the the way walking around (Sat afternoon) and wandered down myself to say hi but you must have just headed out... next time!

For sure swing by. Im usually around lol..

So im just about ready to head out the door and go find some fish and my phone rings. Its my mom...."Did you forget about my lawn??" lol

Ohhhh no Im on my way right now lol....

I have been temporarily suspended from fishing lol

Edited by mrclean

Mr Clean, My boat is at the Anchor. We went out Saturday and had no luck in close, went to 120' - 140' found bait & fish picked up one laker and droppe two others.

Sunday went out after the rain, same area 100' to 130' found bait and fish, alot of the bait was on the bottom. Caught a steelhead and small salmon lost four other fish ( I hate the single hook lures) :envy:

Yea we ran into the same bait patterns...Clumps of them right on the bottom, one after the other. We still found them when we were at 170 -190 but thats where we marked the fish suspended at 100. Once we dropped one ball down to 125 thats all she needed then we started workin lol...I agree on the single hooks however I am prone to put my stingers on lol. You just need to really keep that hook set is all.

Im sure this breeze and  system will move the cotton and algae back onto shore. SCA until tuesday morning.... good day for panfishing...

968967_3084298444343_1419299218_n.jpg

Edited by mrclean

Ohhh no lol, that right there is what we call a "goose remover".  Her job is to keep them in the water and not on shore lol.... I actually take her in my smaller boat, she loves it...

Yup I got it....your all set...

Boy the water level came up quick. I would say almost a good foot plus in the last week or so. It poured yesterday and when I went out to map out an antenna mount it came up a good 3 more inches....

We got good water levels now....quite Monday nobody went out. Tomorrow night should be good

Mr clean, great thread you've started. Question is do they sell non ethanol gas on the bay or close by. I will be staying on the bay 3rd week of July and my 90 grady does not get ethanol ever. I still have the original tank and really don't want problems. Thanks for your time.

Actually they do. Bayside grocery which is the main store in town has ethanol free gas. Yesterdays price was 4.29 per gallon 91 octane. You can also buy ethanol free gas at anchor resort right on the bay. CC price was $4.49 , cash price was $4.29

Well it looks like were going to need our rain gear this weekend. Its all good, havnt used it yet lol...

But that tropical storm in Florida most likely will miss us so maybe anyone going on sat or sunday may escape the rain. Figure we give it a go maybe tomorrow night or Friday am after that front pushes thru.

I need to install a gps antenna. I cant believe West Marine wants 50 bucks for a rail clamp base lol..The guy tells me " yea but thats stainless steel", I said "yea but I dont care" theres got to be an easier way lol...

Well you better have your gps today lol. The fog rolled in this am and visibility is pretty low. Some of the charters went out. Once they get back we shall see whats happening. I went last night for about an hour (basically to test a new gps) and marked the fish in 180. Im going to shoot out this afternoon once the fog lifts up. Waves are irrelevant...

post-151524-13708265320696_thumb.jpg

9.5 lb Spawned out steelhead first thing this morning in 50 FOW 25 ft down off rigger, diehard spoon. Had cheater bites and some knock offs in 100-130 FOW during the rest of the day but couldnt get em to stick...

Nice! There a fun fighting fish too. It jump on  ya ???

Weekend recap lol.

Well Friday night into saturday the fog set it. Fishing was relatively slow.  The charters did particularly well with the lakers nested at the bottom in the 150-175 range. A nice king was taken at 125 feet, 60 down and kudos to a couple of forum readers for sticking it out in 20 feet of water and pulling some nice browns out.

I marked alot of bait in the 150 range saturday night and plotted a nice line but they wouldnt bite for nothin lol. A buddy fishing along side me went deeper and scored two small kings in 230 feet off dipsy set at 310 copper.

Sunday was slower but the charters did well with the lakers again and a couple of browns. That beauty stealhead above was the only one for the weekend I believe.  So overall it wasnt bad,

But they are there.....they will get hungry soon lol...

1001638_3102737385305_205046758_n.jpg

Edited by mrclean