Cayuga 1/12

Put some miles on the truck today. Me and Ethan got up early and headed to the river with the small boat only to find it swollen and muddy. We did a quick aboutface and beelined it home. We hastily rigged the starcraft for trolling: batteries, riggers, mast, rods, tackle, electronics, and headed for Cayuga. We had rods popping right away and it stayed that way for about 2 hours. It tapered off to a slow pick later on. Mostly landlocks with a couple chub brownies thrown in. An R&R 2 3/8" "Sunrise" 25' behind a 1oz snap weight with a 70' lead on the planer board was our best setup. We got a good half day of fishing in and we had a ball.

Here's a few pics.

Cay1.jpg

Cay2.jpg

Cay3.jpg

I'll bet your glad the river was blown out Maniac. Great weather for lake fishing this past weekend. Thought we see more posts though. Guys probably don't want the word to get out :shock: , ....so now you let the cat out of the bag....or was it `frisco?

Anyway,.... how are you going to keep your son from bugging you to take him fishing again this coming Saturday.... :)........or will it be "hay Ethan, if you skip school Thursday I'll call in sick at work and we'll go pop some more of those salmon :idea: .

Stinger, "frisco" let the cat out of the bag. He prompted my trip. I haven't winter fished it in about 5 or 6 years. Just wished I would have started out with that plan first thing Sat morning. We blew the first half of the day by the time we got back from the river, got the other boat rigged, and traveled 1 1/2 hours to get up there. Oh, and that thought about Ethan and school, that lightbulb has been lit already :) . I don't think Mom will allow it again without a buffer period :x .

Keuka, replied to your pm

Oh, and that thought about Ethan and school, that lightbulb has been lit already :) . I don't think Mom will allow it again without a buffer period :x .

.....ever think about a gift card to Coldwater Creek? 8) I bet it would work at least once. ;)

Hay you guys,......I'm just trying to help the kid (Ethan) out. :devil: The `ol man has to show the kid how to get around women sooner or later so why not show him a real life experience right now. Next weekend were going to be pushing near 0 deg and the boat will have to stay in the barn. ;(

I was out on sat with my buddy and we lam basted em! Great time and great fishing. Gold J-9s and red and gold J-9s were the ticket on 2 color cores. Flat lines worked too. Took a few off the riggers down 20.

Thats it for me for a while though, I have to build 2 new docks and put a boat lift together.

RR

Wished you were able to make it Bill, we could have used the extra hands for awhile.

Hey RR, what boat were you in. Zeke ("Strike 3") said you would be out. I gave a shout for you on 68.

I was out on my buddys 18 ft Gruman with a red top. I had the radio on 68 too. I talked to one guy out there. We were out in the middle. We left around 11:45 or so. Not sure when I'll get back out. Bummer too cause it was excellent fishing, great for the winter blues. Its great when the kids can get into em.

RR