I was thinking of staying at Anchor resort any expereance with accomadations? I will be comeing up from CT may 7 thru the 11, Do you think the brown trout will still be around, and do many salmon get caught that time of year? I used to fish out of fair haven 20 years ago and used to catch a little of everything..

Thanks for your time and responce

BILL

The accommodations are pretty nice at Anchor. They have everything from a bunk house to several cottages to a full B&B. Anchor's grounds are almost park-like...it's a very nice place to spend time after a long day on the water. There's fuel at the dock, and the people who run the place are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

As far as the fishing goes, the browns should definitely be around at that time of the year. And we catch a few salmon at that time of the year too. We're in slip #11 there. Feel free to stop over and say Hi.

Thanks for the replys, and bill thanks for the invite to stop by. I used to charter with a great guy Bill walker ( b-w charters ) who went out of fair haven chnock harbor, went with him for 10 years then went and got my own boat and ran that for 10 years. Now it's been over 20 years and finely got a new boat so i'm looking forward to starting over again. thanks again for the reply. BILL

• 2 weeks later...

"..... got my own boat and ran that for 10 years. Now it's been over 20 years and finely got a new boat so I'm looking forward to starting over again. thanks again for the reply. BILL...."

Bill,

I am just curious on when you were fishing 20 years ago. Did you use to go out of Mexico point and go by the call sign "Hammerman?" My uncle, Joe T, who use to live in CT was telling me about when he would go up to Lake O with a guy that would alway go into the lumber yard where he was a salesman there. I know there are alot of Bills out there, but I seen you were from CT and fished about 20 years ago. Thought I woudl take a shot and see if it was you.

Clyde

The accommodations are pretty nice at Anchor. They have everything from a bunk house to several cottages to a full B&B. Anchor's grounds are almost park-like...it's a very nice place to spend time after a long day on the water. There's fuel at the dock, and the people who run the place are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

As far as the fishing goes, the browns should definitely be around at that time of the year. And we catch a few salmon at that time of the year too. We're in slip #11 there. Feel free to stop over and say Hi.

Billy, did you move over there permanently from Shawns? Just curious, Chris had me add a link to your site several months ago (Chris is a LOTSA member and I do his website for him). He and Linda have done wonderful things there since they bought the place, it was pretty rough and run down (from the pics he showed me) as the Old Frost Haven when they got it.

Tim

Tim,

Yes, we're moving the boat down there permanently this year. We'll have a lot more room for the boat as well as shore power, water, etc at the boat. We loved Shawn's but the new boat was just too big for the marina last year and we really need shore power. We're gonna keep the camper at Shawn's so we'll still be over there too.

Cool, I stay there when we come down for the Fairhaven Challenge and Chris always manages to find a spot for me on the dock so I don't have to launch and retrieve for the tournament. We usually come up that friday AM and prefish the afternoon before the tourny.

Tim

its never to early ya just gotta find a ice free launch and bring hip boots as docks are a little scarce this time of year .. we been on the fingers all winter the fishing has been pretty good .when i get back from vac. i should be hitting onterio the first week of march unless those canadian boys turn the fan on and blow down some of that chilly air from up north........