Power Pro for Dipsys

Went out on Mon. and did well on Lakers. I was kind of afraid of the weed and flea situation, but I went anyway. My dipsy rod has 30lb power pro braid(10 lb diam.). I got a few fleas on it, but because the line was so small , as I reeled it through my rod eyes, it completely stipped off the fleas and everything came in smoothly. Of course, after the fish was in, I cleaned off the gunk. Meanwhile, my buddy had 30lb test on the downrigger rod , and it was covered so bad with fleas, it stopped up his rod, and we lost the fish. We gave up rigging and stuck with the Dipsys. This seems like the opposite of what I've been told and read. I'm confused(yet happy about the Power Pro!.) Whatever works!

I read the same kind post on another site, said they had a huge amount of flea's on the line and just reeled thru it........ I have never put any down this time of year because I've read the same thing you have but it could be because there are TWO types of water fleas one is harder on braid. Maybe it's not here yet or the guys that sell wire line and flea flicker posted all that stuff!!!???.......don't know !!!  If it works for you don't stop !!!!

i have both wire and 50# PP setups. ive never had major problems with fleas and braid despite what alot of guys say. dont see much difference between wire and braid when it comes to fleas. best, mark

I use power pro 30lb also with no prob on flat lines and dipseys but on riggers they can stop you in the eyes for sure so I bring them in regularly before there is enough on the line to stop me. Once I bring the barrel swivel thru the first eye they fall off for the most part. Never really had a problem after I learned not to let them build up so long. I like to run my lines more than most anyways to make sure they are weed free so it really isn't a big deal.

justin