Seneca 7/18

Got out on the lake yesterday a little after 7am, setup on the west side up running north in about 300ft.  Picked up a nice 21" salmon down 55ft on the rigger with a blue dolphin.  Then it was quiet for me for awhile.  I talked with Reel Stories who sounded like he was having a good morning with a charter. Then I picked up and ran north about mid-lake, setup again heading north and picked up a small salmon on a cheater down about 30ft.  There were some shallower bait pods and  then I hooked a nice salmon on a sliver/blue stinger rigged as a sliding cheater that rocketed up the line and broke the surface without releasing, then the fish managed to get wrapped around a diver line and with my net inches from him the line broke!! A nice 4-5 lb fish, tough to lose...  Got a release on the deeper rigger at 75 with a blue dolphin (DWSS) and had the deep throb of a laker, took awhile to haul him up and it was a nice 6.5 lber.  Tried to revive him to no avail so he went in the cooler with the salmon.  Ran south again and setup near the salt point but after about 45 mins I was starting to feel a little queasy from the intense heat (open boat) as the nice south breeze had died, so called it a morning.  Fleas were thick but not a big issue with the flea flicker, but man they stuck to the leadcore pretty good.  Weeds weren't bad on the west side, just some small bunches here and there, but some big mats midlake and on the east side.  

I think i would have done better if I had gotten out earlier.  I actually left my place in Endicott at 4:30am but I have been really getting into photography recently and couldn't resist stopping to shoot some sunrise pics with a nice morning fog.  Took an extra hr to make it to Seneca, but the pics came out well, kept the salmon for my mom who wanted some fillets and gave the lake trout to some guys putting in a new lift next to mine and they were very appreciative.  All in all a good day!

Jon

post-150231-0-90638200-1374279610_thumb.jpg

post-150231-0-31560900-1374279655_thumb.jpg

post-150231-0-27646500-1374279682_thumb.jpg

post-150231-0-14970500-1374279713_thumb.jpg

Jon,

Great report, nice fish and beautiful photos....I do the same thing sometimes when I am on the way to Woodville to launch on Canandaigua....hard to resist taking the shots when you can.

Les