Pike in the Adirondacks?

Anyone with any suggestions/hints/advice?  Going to Old Forge next week, for a week.  Normally fish 7th lake, and going to try 4th lake this year.  Really want to target Pike first and Bass second.  Not much into the Trout/Salmon fishing......

Appreciate anything provided...

I have not had much luck with esox in 4th lake (had a follow from a BIG tiger a few years ago).  1st-3rd lakes however are a different story.  Casting inline spinners and trolling with tuff/boss shads and other smaller muskie baits seems to work for me.  Good luck- beautiful area.

I hve fished Lake Simon which connects to Tubber Lake thru the ice. They have a big northern ice fishing tourney there every winter. it is a huge tourney. Once in awhile you will get a decent northern. what I consider to be a decent northern is mid to upper 30" class. I have never heard of a 40"+ northern coming out of there though.

I fish a lake up there  & have found the fish to be pretty finnicky as to color preference. I like dark colors for plastics & Golds, Blacks , & oranges for spinners &  Crankbaits. If I could only have one it would be a #5 mepps aglis gold w/blk bucktail. Others I use are Spinnerbits w/ Gold or Orange blades & Black skirt . Twitch a Stickbait  over the weeds. Weeds to me are key up tjere for pike. Also there is a better bass bite in the morn, then the pike turn on. Senkos are my go to rigged shakey, Blk , Green pumpkin or Watermelon w/ maybe purple or red flake. Hope this helps & Good luck . I will be headed up end of the month to MY happy place.

Weeds are key. Fish edges & over them .

Edited by Has Been