Canandaigua 8/31

I picked up my friend's son at their cottage at 8:00 am this morning on Seneca Point.  It was just Quinten and I so I was hoping we could swing it with no boat driver.   Well I didn't need a driver or six rods, we puttered out to where it dropped from their dock and I sent the green dot spin dr and a atomik mirage fly down on the wire diver.   Explaining to Q what the diver does and how the flasher and fly attract the fish I sent the starboard diver rod down with a white chrome glow echip and Iron Duke fly.  I let the divers settle in at 234' and 268'.  At 8:09 we we were hooked up on the 268' with the green dot and mirage.  I let Q try to bring him in a little using the fighting belt which helped him some but I reeled him up the rest of the way close to the boat then Q got him to the back of the boat so I could net him.  One lake trout on ice, reset and then the 234' with the Iron Duke fly starts pounding.  I think it was around 8:20 now, we bring this nice 6 lb lake trout to the net the same kind of  way.  Sharing reeling the rods, we had a perfect breeze and quick downspeed at 2.5 mph so no driver was needed.  Reset, I grabbed an old bib ( good use for old baby bibs dads)  to wipe my face because it was hot and humid out there, and bam hooked up again, now on the green dot spin dr on the diver.  We only had three rods in the water, one rigger rod with an orange spoon at 57' at 2.5 mph and the two diver rods.  I never had a chance to put another rigger  rod down and bam now we are doubled up on the wire rods.  Q has the green dot now I grabbed the Iron Duke and make sure the fish is hooked and set it back in the holder to help Q.  We traded reeling and get his fish in the net.  Now we have to bring in the fourth fish, it is around 8:40 and we get that lake trout in the net.  Quinten can't believe it and I am stunned we caught 4 fish in 45 minutes,  2 of which were a double.  We trolled back to the west side now around Black Point and reeled them in calling it day back at his dock by 9:15.  We had a blast.  We topped it off by grilling fish for dinner with Ring of Fire tonight and fireworks at our friends cottage and my son Liam had his first fireworks experience, he was amazed asking for more.  Happy Labor Day everyone. 

Nice going Troutman.....hasn't been the easiest year out there either....I'm sure Quinten will remember that experience for a long time too. :)