irondequoit bay - newport marina - fishing gear stolen

jjxray

Some thieves stole the following from my boat sometime over the past week and a half.  The boat (2001 22ft Wellcraft Coastal W/A )was moored at Newport Marina in Irondequoit.  

2 - Diawa 47LC reels (model year 2010) on ~10 ft Daiwa rods spun with power pro

1 - Diawa 47LC gold reel (older model) on Daiwa downrigger rod

1 - Okuma Line Counter Reel (older model) on Diawa downrigger rod

Large grey/blue tackle box containing:

~4 spin doctors (assorted colors)

~3 dodgers

~30 spoons 

~scale

~2 sets of pliers 

~assorted downrigger hardware (canon)

~200 ft of downrigger wire

~2 blacks releases

~some old gear my late grandfather gave me before he passed..

~a bunch of other **** that I can't recall at the moment because I'm too pissed..

I find it interesting that the thieves ONLY took my fishing gear..  the tackle box was in the cabin right next to my fish finder/gps and binoculars which were left untouched..     

If you are the theif..   That gear meant a lot to me..  I'm not exactly swimming in cash so you have effectively robbed me of my ability to fish..  I hope it was worth it you dickless son of a ****..

Kind regards,

jj-xray

Hope you recover your stuff....it is a real violation ...last year I had a $200 camera taken off my boat while I was getting my vehicle/trailer in the parking lot (fishing solo)...pretty brazen...just wish I could have seen who it was they would have been swimming for sure....

Edited by Sk8man

very kind of you all..  thanks for the offers..  but I'm going to call it a season..  I'll get some new gear before spring for sure..  I am going to need to re-evaluate boat security..  

I hadn't even heard about this happening too often in ibay..  but I guess thieves are everywhere..  degenerates.

thanks again.

We were one of the boats that had equipment stolen last year at Sutters. They did catch this group but two weeks later we were robbed again and they too stole everything from our pontoon so obviously the Bay has a problem. Nice to be at the Oak all summer and not have any issues. Guess we will need to strip the pontoon everyday we leave.