Cannonlink with Downriggers

paige386

if you are looking to go that route,you may want to buy it from don,i contacted cannon because i am looking into digitroll's and they told me they are not making the cannonlink anymore,so you will have to find a used one.

Thanks for the input, I have found some cannonlinks available for about $109 of course the cables would be separate. If I decide to get the setup I may take you up on that Don.

I may upgrade my depth finder to the 1198 si HD so I'll have to make sure everything will work with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by paige386

I pulled the trigger on the Digi troll 10's  because I could network them with my HB 798 SI ....... now good OLE Johnson Outdoors is no longer going to make it. With that said they will also at some point NOT have parts for it if it breaks like they did when they bought out Cannon. No parts for the older downriggers that were bought with there LIFE time warrinty......Ghessss !!!!!! .......  I contacted HB to see if they ( also owned by Johnson Outdoors ) were going to make or add to the system they have now also for the down rigger of Cannon......NOPE..............then I sent a e-mail to Johnson Outdoors asking them what was up and if they planned on making a NEW type system............no answer at this time.............. still have the riggers in the box the 10's will bottom track without the link thru a transducer to the rigger but then I would have to have two transducer one for each rigger  , my X4 transducer and my quadbeams for the HB 798 SI just too much crap ....... the X4 interfers some now with the 798 what would I have with two more transducers running !!!!!!!!

Sounds like a mess, I haven't decided on a temperature setup, that will probably be a year or two down the line.

Looking forward to trying things out in May when I get it together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I pulled the trigger on the Digi troll 10's because I could network them with my HB 798 SI ....... now good OLE Johnson Outdoors is no longer going to make it. With that said they will also at some point NOT have parts for it if it breaks like they did when they bought out Cannon. No parts for the older downriggers that were bought with there LIFE time warrinty......Ghessss !!!!!! ....... I contacted HB to see if they ( also owned by Johnson Outdoors ) were going to make or add to the system they have now also for the down rigger of Cannon......NOPE..............then I sent a e-mail to Johnson Outdoors asking them what was up and if they planned on making a NEW type system............no answer at this time.............. still have the riggers in the box the 10's will bottom track without the link thru a transducer to the rigger but then I would have to have two transducer one for each rigger , my X4 transducer and my quadbeams for the HB 798 SI just too much crap ....... the X4 interfers some now with the 798 what would I have with two more transducers running !!!!!!!!

You would only need one transducer to run your riggers without CannonLink. If you have two DT10s you would need the transducer and one relay cable.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using the Lake Ontario United App.