Honeoye

bondouley

Ahh cool! Real nice eye for Honeoye. I hear ya n the Crappies....they are often hard to locate and then sometimes real finicky feeders as well :lol:  They are my favorite panfish to catch though and great eating. My hunch is that they are located in the flats between 25 ft or  so somewhere  near or at the edge of the "hole" and that encompasses a large area so they are probably safe for awhile :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

bondouley..... As if u did not know.....nice fishing! 'Seeds and 'gills (and those look nice sized!) r my personal #2 favs after perch on the ice.....Crappies r fine too. But I'll tell u, those pickerels and pike are mighty tasty on my plate as well! Nice day on the ice :nod: ....

Edited by panfisher

thanks Panfisher  big bluegills crappies and walleyes are my favorite fish to catch through the ice.  I also do my far share of jigging for lakers once canadice and hemlock are safely locked up.  stay safe and tight lines to you

Park at the State Launch and head north and to the center of the lake until you find the depth you want to start at. It's a dishpan lake with little structure so really it's a matter of keeping on the move until you find them and then keep moving to stay on them. I'll be out there Saturday too.