HOW WAS 2013

BAITNH

this was my second year fishing lake o,mexico bay area,so i dont have alot to compare,but from what i have heard from alot of guys is that 2013 was a tough year,and compared to 2012 it was bad.personally,i feel i did well considering the conditions this past year,i do have to say,that there were quality fish around.i didnt have big number days,but fish were big.i caught very few fish under 20 and had several pushing 30,but couldnt break it.bait seemed to be plentiful,i had days where the screen was just lit up and i even snagged 2 alwives with spoons trolling and they were almost six inches long!!!either way i learned alot from some great fisherman and i cant wait for this season

Lots of screwed up temps on the far east end.  It made fishing a lot more difficult, I wasn't able to setup on fish nearly as easily this year, tough going but managed.

Edited by Chas0218

Spring  Loc out of the Oak west pretty much was a lake trout fishery . A lot of East winds did not help. After that  Did not go out really till the Orleans & Fished hard till the last day of the Fall LOC. Up untill the last week of the LOC I  feel we did very well, w/ mostly Kings ,many matures & some nice Steelheads as well. Last week of the LOC was tough. But when I got my little boat out & trolled out in front of the creekmouth mid September , I slayed them.

Footnote- I only went offshore once this year. Fished a lot of 60-150'.Saw tons of bait at times.

this was my second year fishing lake o,mexico bay area,so i dont have alot to compare,but from what i have heard from alot of guys is that 2013 was a tough year,and compared to 2012 it was bad.personally,i feel i did well considering the conditions this past year,i do have to say,that there were quality fish around.i didnt have big number days,but fish were big.i caught very few fish under 20 and had several pushing 30,but couldnt break it.bait seemed to be plentiful,i had days where the screen was just lit up and i even snagged 2 alwives with spoons trolling and they were almost six inches long!!!either way i learned alot from some great fisherman and i cant wait for this season

I agree. 2013 was my first year fishing lake o. I launched out of Mexico pt and Oswego. Mainly Mex pt. only made two trips though one for a three day fish and then one single day. Only landed 1 27lb king. Had a few come loose on me. Still allot to learn and I have no temp equip and an old 1990's eagle electronics.had a blast though! Can't wait for spring browns I haven't done that yet. Will hopefully take 3 days mid week and fish them probably early may.

all it takes is one and you are hooked!!!adk1 if you are gona try again this year i would highly recommend a fish hawk down temp unit and a gps.i feel these two electronics are critical to finding and catching fish in mexico bay area.seeing is how there isnt much structure to fish,the temperature is your structure so to speak and if you dont have down temp to find temperature and a gps to mark where you mark bait and/or fish you are kinda fishing blind.in early summer until the kings move in,i target lakers and browns.once the lake sets up,for lakers you need to find cold water on the bottom and for the browns,where the thermocline intersects the bottom.dont need anything special as far as gps,i have an old lowrance black and white that works just fine for me.i bought my fishhawk from bass pro,once in a while they have a special six month pay plan,which lets you pay it off over six months,a little easier to swallow than paying for it all in one shot.also,if you ever want to go and dont feel like towing your boat,let me know,we can go out on my boat,maybe even car pool,you probably go right past my house on your way.let me know

2013 was a good season but we were spoiled by 2010, 2011 and defiantly 2012. Unstable weather in 2013 did not help things. Every year is different and hopefully 2014 is close to if not better that 2012.