Coyote/Fox populations related?

I've never heard that comparison Vince. But I know it will make the turkey and pheasant population a bit stronger. I started trapping them this yr late nov. through dec. since I saw so many fox and coyotes while deer hunting. It was tough in the rain, snow, then thaws and refreeze, but I got 3 reds, a gray, a coyote, and a few coons. Missed bunch of others due to conditions but I'm learning. I only had 6 traps out too.

post-149813-13903611208983_thumb.jpg

post-149813-13903611597287_thumb.jpg

Hi Bruce, It's been challenging to say the least. If its not wall to wall ice, its mud, when the ice slows and water clears its -10 degrees. We are scheduled to get back out there friday, but it doesn't look like relief is in sight for another week.  

The good news is the trout have been unscathed, and Feb should be solid.

We are in one of those weird cycles. A few years ago there was a big outbreak of rabies which killed a lot of raccoons ,foxes and coyotes. As a result the turky population exploded. This in turn made it possible for fox and coyote to have a fresh population explosion. Now we are with a lesser turky population and both fox and coyote are pressed and competing for less food available. It's not just a fox coyote connection. It's all connected.

We are in one of those weird cycles. A few years ago there was a big outbreak of rabies which killed a lot of raccoons ,foxes and coyotes. As a result the turky population exploded. This in turn made it possible for fox and coyote to have a fresh population explosion. Now we are with a lesser turky population and both fox and coyote are pressed and competing for less food available. It's not just a fox coyote connection. It's all connected.

Anyone watch PBS at 8:oo PM? It was very interesting, it was about the life of coyotes in and around cities.

The coyote can adapt/move in anywhere. ..red foxes dont do too well with a lot of yotes...grey foxes arent really affected by either as they can climb trees and do well in very heavy cover....we only killed 1 yote today...had 2 more tracks but we took too long to kill the first yote and tracks were wind swept

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-1390679543478_thumb.jpg