Glad I fish the fingerlakes

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the fingerlakes guys for sharing your trips and knowledge. I feel we are a family oriented bunch of fishermen, and wanted to invite anyone interested to the LOU walleye event at Otisco July 19. Even if you are a trout guy we would love to meet you...plenty of browns here too! Maybe Ed and Kinger can show us how to get the football browns!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

GREAT idea Justin , I've been to many of this type invite over the years thru the NAFC ........good way to make new freinds for life and learn a thing or too also....... I was checking out your other thread....... will have to look close to see if  Kinger and I can just atleast make the meal........ have a good recipe for you too try for browntrout or landlocks...............

Sounds great Ed! You hit the nail right on the head! The reasons i wanted to do this were to meet some new friends with a common passion, share some knowledge, and of course being 100 per cent self taught id love to learn a few things too! A new recipe or two was something i hadnt thought of, but after all if i didnt eat the fish i certainly wouldnt work so hard at it! My son prefers steelhead and salmon to walleye...i like both but walleye is my favorite freshwater fish.

Justin

GREAT idea Justin , I've been to many of this type invite over the years thru the NAFC ........good way to make new freinds for life and learn a thing or too also....... I was checking out your other thread....... will have to look close to see if  Kinger and I can just atleast make the meal........ have a good recipe for you too try for browntrout or landlocks...............

HEY Rabbit, I had beagles all my life Kinger is welcome aboard my vessel any time, oh- Yea, along with you also LOL. JT great way to switch it up,

• 2 weeks later...

Events are always a good time good to put faces with names and conversations a few trout fishermen could even get lucky with some nice eyes you never know but for some browns would be the best bet hahahaha!! Can't wait to get back on the water!!! Oh wait in warm weather it's been a cold fishing season this winter..

Otisco fishes well May thru October...walleye, tiger muskies, largemouths, smallmouths, and browns are all very catchable all season, but july and august trolling really produces consistently.  We routinely catch all 5 species in a 4 hour trip during the summer. 

justin

post-151276-0-48720100-1392828872_thumb.jpg

post-151276-0-70886700-1392829268_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have always wanted to fish for walleyes on Otisco and thought I might give it a try.  I would appreciate any general tips for fishing spring through fall.  I am guessing most people troll?  Flatline or downriggers.  Are fish suspended?  Types of lures.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty sad day when Justin has to resort to using sunfish for trolling bait :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Tim!

For info on fishing Otisco check out my posts in the walleye forum. Generally speaking the walleye in otisco are suspended all thru the season, and trolling is the main way to target them. In the spring and fall they can be targeted casting sticks at night from the causeway and other areas. As far as our walleye LOU all goes we are nearly full so sign up in the walleye forum.

Anyone seeking additional info on Otisco its probably already in my posts or ask away.

Justin