Grasse River St. Lawrence County Musky

I went to St. Lawrence Univ. so I used to skip class and fish or duck hunt the Grasse.  Problem with the Grasse is the numerous dams they put in that keep fish from coming up from the St. Lawrence River.  It killed the fishery.  Walleye, bass, pike and muskies are there but I would not plan a trip there.  Ogdensburg will hold Musky and pike.....look there in the St. Lawrence River.

I have fished the Grasse for bass with a fly rod and they are abundant but in general, not real large. That being said, I have seen episodes of "Rod and Reel Stream Side" where Bill Meisner caught some nice muskies fishing the Grasse. It would be floatable in a kayak or small boat and is wadable in many areas. You might be able to find this past episodes by doing a search. I believe it has potential and is not heavily fished in many areas. I've thought of giving it a try myself.

Kevin,

R&R SS  was where I heard about the Grasse and now again in a recent article in In-Fisherman.    Though I am not really a musky fisherman I'd love to catch one and with the smallies in the Grasse figured that if muskies aren't there I would at least find some smallie action.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...