Delaware river still iced up

Roughrider IV

Been wanting to try the river for eyes all winter, watching river temps rise into 40's, I headed for the water gap to try some dusk to dark casting from shore. Arrived to an ice jam across the whole river and ice half way out above launch. Gonna try again this weekend but closer to lehigh valley. They are getting fish but mums the word I hear. I also heard launches at dingmans ferry and Milford are still iced in.

My first response when I read this is season is closed but then I remembered that the lower part of the Delaware is open year round.  ABout the ice...  I hate ice fishing.  The chemung was iced up solid until last week when it turned brown.  If you know the places they hold in the winter, try them as soon as the ice lifts.  With these longer days they will start migrating upstream soon as the water starts to warm.  40's is already warm.  Good luck.  I would love to fish the Delaware but it is too far me to hop in the P/U and go there.

Mums the word is funny...  I always hear that they slayed them about 2 weeks after it is all over.  haha.  Same holes that I fished with nothin.  Timing is everything with those eyes.