Removed

I just came across this website and was wondering if any of you have had a chance to use these yet. Seems like a good idea being able to swap flies out without having to tie new harnesses.   http://www.fishsalmoncandy.com/salmon-candy-flies/

Just curious.

Please help me out - how is this product any different from any other fly body, if you tie or buy your own harnesses? Most flies slide up and down the line of the harness but once I tie a loop in the end of the harness and attach it to a flasher, the fly body is permanently attached to the harness unless I cut the loop.

I'm not trying to be an arse at all, I just can't understand what makes these flies unique.

Thanks,

Chris

Please help me out - how is this product any different from any other fly body, if you tie or buy your own harnesses? Most flies slide up and down the line of the harness but once I tie a loop in the end of the harness and attach it to a flasher, the fly body is permanently attached to the harness unless I cut the loop.

I'm not trying to be an arse at all, I just can't understand what makes these flies unique.

Thanks,

Chris

What makes them unique Chris is the fact that AFTER you have tied a loop in the leader the fly can still be removed and replaced. We have all thrown away or cut up otherwise good leaders when a fly became damaged beyond repair. These flies eliminate that as well as making it much less cluttered on your boat without 147 flies, all with leaders, hanging around.

I recently joined the ProStaff for this company. You are welcome to stop by the boat at Oak Orchard this summer to see them in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I personally like and tie the tournament style rig, more hooks in the mouth the better!! Tie a bunch up at different lengths so when you want to put another fly into the mix you have them on hand. Also fun playing with bead colors.

What makes them unique Chris is the fact that AFTER you have tied a loop in the leader the fly can still be removed and replaced. We have all thrown away or cut up otherwise good leaders when a fly became damaged beyond repair. These flies eliminate that as well as making it much less cluttered on your boat without 147 flies, all with leaders, hanging around.

I recently joined the ProStaff for this company. You are welcome to stop by the boat at Oak Orchard this summer to see them in person.

Thanks Paul - sounds like the tubing is bigger or has some sort of slit to pass the loop through for a quick change? Nonetheless, either I have a broken video link on the homepage or the website does not do a good job of explaining this.

Although I'm addicted to tying my own  tournament harnesses every year in the winter, I really like the idea of a quick change fly/harness and utilizing one harness with multiple fly bodies.

Hopefully the website will elaborate on the concept a bit more.

Cheers,

Chris

For those of you that don't know Russell he's been featured in several recent articles in Great Lakes Angler. He's also a master painter and innovator of custom flashers (think Pro Troll).

Here's a new page on his site with some awesome looking stuff.

http://www.fishsalmoncandy.com/custom-flashers/