engine starving for fule

tlr426

So I hooked up my 200 hp yamaha ox66 and my T8 yamaha to the same fule tank. I ran the fule line into a water sep fule filtter then into individual primer balls then to the motors. I took it out for a small run the other day, ran the kicker for a bit then ran in. All was well then today I went fishing and ran the kicker for 6hrs ran great. Fired the main it ran well up on plane then started to sputter I backed it off and the ball was soft but it was runing smooth. So back to speed and the same thing started to sputter.... Any ideas what's up any help would be great.

You may be drawing air through the kicker line pinch it off with vise grips if the problem goes away install 3 way valve in the line to seperate the motors.

Edited by bigblue

You may be drawing air through the kicker line pinch it off with vise grips if the problem goes away install 3 way valve in the line to seperate the motors.

That would be where I would start.

Did you put a one way check valve after water separator? That will cause this too as you can suck air as mentioned above.. also, disconnecting your kicker fuel supply and letting the ball seat is am easy check versus pinching line..

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...