Flashers

I've been prostaff for Hot Spot for thirty years and to be quite honest I've never had to use any other type of flasher. They're the original and I believe the only ones that can change direction of rotation. Just about everyone's aware that a change of speed or direction can trigger a strike! My go to colors in 11" in the last few years are Bullfrog, Weasel, White Lightning, white Jelly crush UV glow and Blue Angel. As for 8" Bullfrog, Weasel, White Jelly Crush UV and Green Haze have been my top producers. I normally run cut bait on the 11" but I have had success running a Howie fly behind them. I always run a Howie fly behind the 8" Flashers. Any flasher that has a rudder attached can't change direction of rotation!

My suggestion is to get one of each and try stuff behind them and view the difference for your self....everyone here will have their favorite colors and setups so first hand experience is probably superior to opinions in this case and it can be especially helpful to experiment with your own boat and equipment if you want to run them properly and then ask "fine tuning" questions based on that.

Edited by Sk8man

• 3 weeks later...