Father's Day Sandy Creek, Atlantic Salmon!+Ultimate Skippy

Got up around 4:30, made it to the launch at 6 o'clock and started setting up at 7 in 150fow. I had just finished rigging my side and turned around to steer the boat so my Dad can rig his side. Thats when the back rigger rod fired off! The fish came on the Warrior Perch UV set 30ft off the ball 60ft down. 5 minutes later put an Atlantic Salmon on the bottom of the boat, and did it put on a show in the back of the boat! Anyway after releasing the Atlantic I set that back down at the same settings, and a little skippy took it. We finally got everything set up and the side rigger on Dads side fired off with a nice size Steelhead. The Fish came on a FL Black Mamba, 46ft down 35 off the ball. We started a North troll after that. Hit 300ft without a hit on the way out. We then trolled South and the Torpedo started going with a Laker. Fish came on the KOS with green back, 25ft off the torpedo 150ft back! After resetting that rod the slide diver Started screaming, fish came off after a couple of minutes. The spoon was a Finger Lakes tackle, it has a black outer edge, gray center, with green dots. Anyway there was a lull in the fishing for a while, so I changed the back rigger to a White Green dot spinny, with Atomik gator trolling fly. 5 minutes later it released with a big fish, spit the fly. 15ft off the ball 75 ft down. We found a little slick in between 200-250 with a scum line and it was holding fish. We worked that and landed 6 fish in a 1 mile span. Nothing too major, Coho, Kings, Steelheads. Most fish came on the Torpedo, with the Warrior UV alewife spoon, set 25ft off the torpedo, 150ft back. Ended the day 10-14 all but missing a Brown. Off the water by 11:30.

Good Luck, Tight lines, Screaming reels

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150249-14029583400118_thumb.jpg

post-150249-14029583622807_thumb.jpg

post-150249-14029583919261_thumb.jpg

post-150249-14029584115446_thumb.jpg

Collin....nice job on the fishing.....I told your dad he needs to let you set up both sides of the boat since most of the fish are coming off your sets.(ha ha)...Let him relax and drink his "Cold" coffee.... 

On a persional note from all us Atalntic Salmon river fly fishers...thanks for putting that beautiful fish back for others to enjoy.