Slow morning on the river

Kevin J Legg

Hit the river about 4:30 and fished till 8:00. Only had 3 hits and caught a smallmouth, a short walleye and one about 5 lbs. Seems like the full moon bite i experienced last week has slowed or perhaps I need to be out there from 2;00-6:00. I'm thinking of running to Mexico tomorrow and try the trout and salmon..

At least you got out and bent a rod Kevin. Its so hard to be consistant on eyes....this year in particular. I had some truly great fishing for weeks, but Otisco is fishing tough for me right now. I have salmon on my brain too....not sure when or how but im gonna get out after them soon myself!

It sounds like you had a morning like most of my previous trips Kevin. I am sure it will turn back on for you because you pay your dues and put a lot of time into fishing. Most of us just wish we could go and do half as much and half as good as you do on your good day. I am not trying to wish my life away but looking forward to the day I can retire and do what I want when I want.

Justin,

You're welcome to meet me at Mexico or Henderson sometime and give the salmon a try.Lake trout action is good now but salmon is still somewhat spotty. Let me know if you want to join me. I like to fish 3 people on the Lake so you could either bring a buddy or I'll bring someone. I may run down tomorrow or later in the week. A couple more weeks and the salmon action should be more consistent.