1000 islands

Just got back from Wellesley on Mon. We had some luck taking our kayaks to Wolfe Pt State Pk and fishing for largemouths and pike in Lake of the Isles. Drifting or casting rubber worms in 12-15 fow worked for us. Very calm and peaceful till jet-skis and water skiers show up. Good luck

I just got back so here is my report. We tried bait fishing with not much luck on keeper perch. We did ok on smallies not with numbers but the ones we caught on bait were huge 4+ lbs. We used bass minnows and worms. Pike fishing was up and down my best technique was 30 lb power pro with a 2oz inline trolling sinker and 3.5' of 50lb triline big game for a leader I dont use steel any more but I do replace this leader anytime it gets a nick and I did not lose a fish once with this leader. Lures while trolling Storm flat stcks perch and gold colors were ok, F18 raplas in black and gold and black and silver worked pretty well. The two best trolling baits were the green NBK when the sun was bright but the lure of the week was the Carbon14 worked great early in the morning and whenever it was overcast. I took at least a dozen pike over 30" with the carbon 14 and dozens more of fish under 27" but most of the good fishing was from 5:15 am to about 7:30 am. Other guys were using lead line and it worked well also. I tolled where ever there was a steep drop off that had fish on it I tolled into 15 fow and then turned out hard out to about 30fow and I keep this zig zag going, we held the rods so we could lift them when we got in real close and then would pump them for action on the way back out. Also we would let out 75' to 140' of line according to the accu depth line counters. I hope this helps. Mid day fishing for anything was way harder than it has been in the past. We also trolled at night a little with no luck. Let me know how you make out!

Edited by Gene Shenk