Seneca 8/31 & 9/1

Well had two very different days of fishing on good old Seneca. Sunday was plain and simple a crush fest 4 hours of fishing with a easy 30 bites fished 8am to 12.. Rainbows salmon and lakers post-147332-14096167906498_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14096168064607_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14096168235329_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14096168411166_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14096168672772_thumb.jpg

Same with Sunday evening fish after fish!!!post-147332-14096169296819_thumb.jpg

And then you have today 9/1 set up in the same area after talking to some good fellows at the dock and sharing some info.. Got 4 fish quick 2 nice salmon a beautiful bow and another big laker. Then it all stopped well

After a few passes and no fish I picked lines and made the 24 mile run up the lake was able to back in some good fish and had a blast with good friends!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice! We hit Seneca on 9/1 as well. Pulled wire in front of Sampson for about 2.5 hrs going 15/18 lakers and one bow . 70-90 fow . My cousin and her husband were in from out of town and he wanted to catch some trout. Seemed like a better choice than lake o since one electric rigger still not working.

Wow he held the fish!! Impressive! !

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

it was a half hour deal to get that to happen hahaahahahahha concerned about that kid. And as for perch fishing I know a few guys getting some but getting info from perch guys is like getting the bar tenders number takes the perfect line and a lot of luck lol

Keep'n it reel,

Thanks for confirming and adding your input for some of my tactics on Monday.  Greatly appreciated as I am somewhat new to this deepwater fishing.  I have done a lot of research but have lots to learn yet.  Unfortunately, it will be the hard way and probably costly mistakes.  Quite a bit different than drifting and jigging for smallmouth, walleye, etc up on lake erie near Buffalo.  Up in the suburbs of Buffalo is where I am originally from.  Also, spent lots of time jigging for walleye and trolling for northern pike up on vacations every summer on lake nippissing.

Anyways we caught two lakers on Monday.  Currently running 4 rods in the flush mount holders in boat. 2 wire dipsys and 2 leadcore.   First laker, 5# to 6# was near hector falls on wire dipsy line 210' 2.5 setting with white glow spoon with green tape.  I made a sharp turn and got tangled up.  Also weeds were present.  Then headed up towards starkey pt.  Caught 5# to 6# laker on wire dipsy 210' 0 setting with dodger and fly.  Not many weeds.

Sadly caught more fish today than the last 4 years I have lived down here.  The main reason was casually fishing from a large pleasure cruising boat.  Not set up for fishing and couldnt troll it down.  Too costly on gas to run way north on regular basis on Seneca and try to jig from the boat  It is good to be back and fishing again.  I love the my new Robalo 180.  I am happy and the wife is happy as kids can still tube and kneeboard during the hot summer and the console has plenty of room to change and has a porta potti.

A couple of stupid questions.  I am going to add 2 rod holders in addition to what is on the boat and my setup will be as follows.  4 wire dipsy from the flush mount rod holders.  2 leadcore with inline planers. When reeling in outside lines without fish with or without planers do i reel in from the outside or pull rod over to middle?  What about when fish is on - do i reel in from outside or reel in from center?  Trying to avoid tangles as it is a PIA, reduces fishing time, and usually costly.

Thanks again.

Not a problem I have no issues helping when I can. And that is a beautiful boat I looked at it many times when it was in the dealership! And you should be fine to bring the fish right up the chute but also if it's a good fish they may decide if they want to come up the center or the outside