Yeah I as out there with ya tonight.pretty slow for me found one good pocket of steelhead in 130 feet and that was about it.Went 3/5. No Kings to speak of trollEd all the way back in and fished the pier head till about 10 p.m. with no luck.oh well better than the skunk I got yesterday.Dipsies have sucked for me latelyall spoon bite

great report,wonder why so many fish solo.Ill tell you landing a king solo is a feat to be proud of.let alone "three"awesome.Im content with one but Im getting greedy knowing time is short .Dipseys and small j-plugs worked well last night.

• 1 month later...

I fished out of a pontoon last three yrs until my new set up, and just a good fish finder (GPS for speed) and once I got hang of it i always hammered fish. I like my dipseys parallel to water this will help huge with guessing speed depending on how hard the rod is bending or not. Fishing under 120 fow kings will be on bottom so dipseys I would have one at 175 feet out and another 250 feet out till one gets hit then adjust. Rule of thumb is 1/3 depth. So dipsy out 150 feet fishes 50 foot down. I also had 2 clamp on manual cannon rigger that worked great. I live in spencerport and if you wanted to try the downriggers your more than welcome to borrow two. I won't be using them for another three weeks or so. . I also always ran trolling sinkers set ups. Ide have anything from 1 oz to 6 oz pulling spoons.