Otisco 9-7

justtracytrolling

Fished with buddy matt and meathunter last night from 9-3am and the eyes never really came in tight and fed. Smb were out in FULL force though along with the rock bass. Tried everything in tight and finished with 2 little 3+ pounders and 11 nice smallies and threw back at least half a dozen smb. Very disappointing as I didnt get the eyes but we still had tons of laughs. Snagged my rigger up TIGHT though i didnt figure out how as we were down 7 over 20! I was near a moored sailboat and i think they have something running out from shore. Ill be investigating that sometime and whatever it is has to go! After a bit of chaos we got untangled with out losing any gear whatsoever. BTW it was freaking COLD! Hopefully meathunter can post a couple pics. Tonight ill try again with Hermit Stan and Wayne i hope....i love him driving as he is the only guy i fish with that i can relax and fish without constantly watching where we are going in the dark.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ive heard horror stories about masts flying back towards the consol...must bout make you soil yourself!! My gear is all bolted with hardened bolts fastened thru welded supports so nothing is gonna come off...when i got my board hit last week it broke the tow rope instantly. I was happy that was the weak link and damn glad i have BIG fender washers on my otters so the board was fine. Not sure who on this forum told me to do that...maybe GILL-T...but thanks whoever it was!

Cant get dark soon enough! Fingers are crossed the eyes move in and gorge themselves tonight! Kevin im trying my generation 2 super heavy bottom bouncer tonight...version 1 at 10 ounces was no where near heavy enough to work. Im trying a small downrigger ball on 80lb. Ill either snag it or follow the tight structure where there's always great marks i cant get at trolling. Im hoping its cloudy as last night was flat n bright.

Only snapped the first pic as you took the walleyes out of the live well and put them in the cooler.

20140907_035807.jpg

The smallies are just a memory cause I didn't get any pics of them.... but I probably got about 8 lbs of boneless fillets off them!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app