UV fly material

Patriot

If you are a UV nut like me,.....do yourself a favor and buy one of these. >   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RJQR3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instead of guessing or taking someones word for it you'll know for sure.  Bought one 3 years ago and I use it all the time.

You want a real surprise?    Try it on your hunting equipment. :o

Patriot.....just saw this....I started experimenting with the UV Marabou two seasons ago. I tie a lot of intruder swinging patterns with it. I truly can't confirm that I've benefitted from it''s use ,but i can tell you I like the material because the strands on the feathers are much longer and flowing, which gives my flies more movement then the materials I was using. Because fishing on the LO tribs is 1/2 hour before Sunup I don't see a big advantage, but low light days the flies are bright.

I've had two stellar years with this material on success of catching many big steelhead.  It ties really well, and keeps it's form, but I do load my intruders and leaches in plastic straws to help them keep their shape. I see you are up around Oswego...not sure of the shops in town, but after my success with this stuff...I spoke to Melinda in Altmar and she now stocks several colors.

Patriot.....just saw this....I started experimenting with the UV Marabou two seasons ago. I tie a lot of intruder swinging patterns with it. I truly can't confirm that I've benefitted from it''s use ,but i can tell you I like the material because the strands on the feathers are much longer and flowing, which gives my flies more movement then the materials I was using. Because fishing on the LO tribs is 1/2 hour before Sunup I don't see a big advantage, but low light days the flies are bright.

I've had two stellar years with this material on success of catching many big steelhead.  It ties really well, and keeps it's form, but I do load my intruders and leaches in plastic straws to help them keep their shape. I see you are up around Oswego...not sure of the shops in town, but after my success with this stuff...I spoke to Melinda in Altmar and she now stocks several colors.

Thanks KD, I'll take a ride and look for it

Greg

The reason that Davy stated here is the only reason that I switched up to the UV materials. They are much more consistent in length and rigidity.... Yes the natural non UV stuff is nice, but unless you are picking out your materials in person by hand, this seems to be the best way to go when you have to order it. 

Edited by DNRoch