Opening day.

Got out for the afternoon with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Just me and him trading shots, the way I like it. I have no interest in being stacked in a blind with a bunch o guys shooting at the same duck, it's not all about limits. Hunting on a public swamp, we saw lots of woodies and nearly as many mallards/blacks. Also saw one teal. I took a drake mallard and a drake black duck. Shooting sporting clays over the summer improved my shooting immensely conpared to a year ago. I hit each duck on the second shot. I won't even mention how many shots I missed last year ;)post-148029-141367890476_thumb.jpgpost-148029-14136789228196_thumb.jpg

Were you hunting out of your kayak, or was that just used to get to a particular location?  I was thinking about buying a kayak to use both for fishing out of as well as hunting ducks from.  Was wondering how you like it if you were actually hunting out of it?

Thanks

I use my kayak mostly for transportation. I have hunted out of it but don't really enjoy it. Just not a very comfortable way to hunt for me. Its deffenitly the right way to go for cheap transportation and you can get to spots where most boat and motors cant. It is a major tool for me most if the time

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Were you hunting out of your kayak, or was that just used to get to a particular location?  I was thinking about buying a kayak to use both for fishing out of as well as hunting ducks from.  Was wondering how you like it if you were actually hunting out of it?

Thanks

I pretty much just use it to get to the location. Here, we had to stand in waist deep water all day so it doubled as a floating shelf to put stuff on. The ducks come in over deep water so I use the kayak for retrieval as well. I have hunted from the kayak before but it's not ideal. I suppose with some practice it wouldn't be too bad. But i definitely recommend using kayak as a tool to get to spots others can't get. I also fish out of the kayak a lot too, river trips can be a blast!  Buy a stable one, and paint it camo, good luck!!

PS I see you're in Addison. I live just outside Addison near Brownie's. If you ever want to get out after some ducks get ahold of me!! 

Edited by dawsonscreek