Capt. Jim Shambaugh

RYE

Just received the news a short time ago that Capt. Jim Shambaugh of Luv2fish Charters, out of the Point Breeze, NY area, has passed away after a more than year long valiant fight with cancer. Anyone who knew Jim will remember his quirky sense of humor, always looking for a way to get a smile out of you. Jim and I traveled together while going through our captains' training in the Rochester area. To say the least there was never a dull moment when "Shammy" was near by. Jim's business was appropriately named for the man had a true passion for fishing, whether on his boat or stream side. When he wasn't fishing a Lake Ontario trib, he was back home chasing the trout around in his home waters. Most importantly was the fact that Jim was a Vietnam veteran who was wounded during a tour of duty, although, he never really talked about it much. Thank you Jim, for your service to our country, putting a smile on a clients' face, and allowing myself to call you friend.... RIP my friend,  FISH ON!

I didn't know Jim but as a fellow Viet Nam era vet I have a deep respect for him as it was not an easy time to be in the military. Sounds as though he was a great guy and certainly one I would have connected with had we met RIP.