leaders for spring browns?

Seguar suggests that you use an improved clinch. I've used thisI've read that and have not had a knot break. I take care when I tie this. Also use their recromendations on wrap count.

I go my new BT set-ups this past week and ran them Sunday when I was out. They are 7'6" Daiwa ML action rods with the Accudepth Plus 27LC reels. This is a GREAT combo for planner board fishing by the way. I spooled the reels up with 10ln McCoy Mean Green and put a 15' floro leader on (Seaguar) with a blood knot. We hauled into two jumbo BT's without knot failure.

If you watch North American Fisherman they have a segment called Knot Wars. The two knots that were best for combining lines was the blood knot and the uni to uni knot.

10-15 ft. of 8-10 lb Seguar

I stopped using vanish after several times where I'd tie on a new leader using a double uni, and the line would then break 1ft below the uni knot! My knots stink, so if new line's breaking faster than my knots, then I know it's bad line! :lol:

Ive heard of lots of guys who had problems with vanish including myself. Only problem is if you want flouro in a pinch (locally), its widely available where as seagar is not.

I dont remember what the mfg of the floro was. Occasionally Brn fishing Ill get ahold of a rippin jumping bow or a salmon. Why take a chance with the extra knots? To me its the same as buying cheap snap swivels.

Here is what happens. Your trolling the shoreline for brns. Pick up a couple bass or dink brns . Sun starts to get high in the sky and you have clear water. So you head out to deeper water with your brn setup. A rifleshot crack reliece,big bow up out of the water,Bye bye floro.

I do run floro on my fly setups. 40lb. test.

The above story is true and no animals were harmed .