okuma coldwaters?

Issues with some of the drags. On the ones I've used, first generations, I found the drag would loosen a bit on its own and and sometimes it would be difficult to set just right. Either too loose or too tight.

Once you get used to them, they are nice. Some of these issues are already resolved.

I plan on buying some convectors. Can't justify the difference in price.

While it is true the first issue of Cold Waters had their issues... but that has past. One of the nice things with Okuma is they have a reel for everyones budget. Starting with the classics, Magnas, convectors, cold waters, catalinas. You get what you pay for and the quality of each reel is seen as you spend more money. I have fished with each of them and have seen it first hand. If your shopping for wire divers reels then I would always suggest a higher end reel. I currently have a 50/50 mix of convectors and cold waters and the majority of people that have fished with me prefer the cold waters. No doubt you will be very happy with Cold Waters as wire reels. 

drags suck.....go with the magda's.....cheaper and better

I've got a magda 30 ive run wire on 5 yrs now with no issues

have tried many other more expensive reels but always end up back to them

and yes I use them often

i have 4 magda lc reels. One of the drags went on it already and I have only landed one salmon on it. I plan on replacing it this year with a higher end reel. Thought about the cold waters but am thinking twice now.