Goby bay rats?

I succumbed to the Bay Rat bandwagon as well. Haven’t used them yet but they look good and have some color patterns that I have been looking for. Mainly the old Cindy that bomber and JR Thunderstick used to have and the Goby. I’m surprised there aren’t more Goby patterns out there given that is just about all browns/smallmouths are eating nowadays. I like that the Bay Rat has a wider head much like a Goby as well. I have enough experience to know that most days the old standbys will work but every once in a while there is a lure or color pattern that is the only thing they will bite and if you don’t have it you are SOL.

FISH HUNTER -''BTW, we boxed out easily on Sunday on our splashdown, "

Very Nice !!!!!! Where are the pictures of that big one?

FISH HUNTER -''BTW, we boxed out easily on Sunday on our splashdown, "

Very Nice !!!!!! Where are the pictures of that big one?

Dave,

I'm am dumb to posting photos.........I am waiting to see my son sometime this week, and hope to post it then.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen where the rats are made, and the one thing I noticed when I walked into the shop was a white board that had a saying on there referencing quality above all else.

I bought up a bunch of rats for my trip. Only caught fish on the goby color due to the clear water. It was hot for us one day anyway.

Here is my Oscors revenge out of the package:

oscar%20rev%20out%20of%20box.jpg?m=14311

I think quality control took the day off they packaged this lure.

BTW I had a steelhead abosolutely destroy a smithwick when the hooks got tangled in my net and he was going ballistic. Cracked the plastic and the anchor pulled out. Can't really blame the lure for that one.

I'll give the bay rats another shot hopefully under better fishing conditions.

Spike

made a trip to Fair Haven 4/18 for 2 weeks  and thunderstick jr and bay rats  the first week  the bleeding  shad, and J150  were hot and goby  Bay Rat. one day  lime  green and silver Bay rat boatrd  15 fish including 2 kings it was so hot  I put another one out  they didn't touch it  Green frog bay rat  was the next  hottest lure   Bay  Rats will be  part of my spring arsenal  as the  pre Rapala  sticks  are very hard to find. I hope Bay Rat comes out with more of the old thunderstick patterns .   I notice that a couple  of  Bay  Rats  took  on water and didn't run correctly   Im going to send those back 

Yup mine took on water too I just put it in the trash and didn't even call em. Hope the others don't do it!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Occasionally a plug will not "seal"

Properly and may take on water. However, I have not seen it hamper the action or fish catching ability of the plug.

Bay Rat very much wants to hear of problems with the baits. Getting feedback and hearing of problems is the only way to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United