canandaigua

Entry forms are available at canandaiguachamber.com. I picked up ours at suttons. All proceeds benefit camp good days & special times and mercy flight central. It's $15 per person. Prize money is $1000, $500, $300, $150, $50 and $100 for largest rainbow. It's a very good tournament that benefits some great causes.

The one that I use is on the south end in Woodville. It is a state launch that is in decent condition. I have only used the north launch once. Somebody else will have to chime in on that one. I believe it is in a park and if I remember correctly it is a good launch.

At the North end is the Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park, on Lakeshore Drive just south of 5 & 20. It is a very easy place to launch, and I would imagine it would be really easy for a kayak.

You need an Empire Passport for financial reasons, $ 59.00 for a year per vehicle, otherwise it's $ 6.00 every time you enter. The good thing is that the Passport is good for all state parks.

Okay guys, if you wanna launch your kayak, just go to small craft area in north end between the outlet and the public beach, you can launch a car top boat or kayak there free of charge, but by June you won't find many fish up there except panfish. The launch at Woodville can accomodate trailerable boats at the ramp and also has a good spot to launch a kayak and is free also. However parking lot fills quickly on derby day, or if there is a bass tourney going on any weekend. Best advice is to arrive early for parking spot on derby day at either launch. Last year's winner came from North end, but usually winner is from South end. I don't want to give away any secrets but I am surprised how many large fish can be caught near shore in early June. fireplug you have pm

I kayak fish myself, problem is it's quite a paddle from the north end if you want to get into some deep water (1 mile at least). There are three free and easy "in's" on the north side. You can launch from the pier, which is one of my favorites as it gets me to some nice bass spots o the NW side plus rockies on the break wall. You can launch from Kershaw park in front of the Maur House Cafe. There is also a "dock" in the lagoon area in the parking lot of Steamboat Landing, where you can fish the lagoon or paddle under the walking bridge back out to the lake (there's only room for kayak's to pass ;))

The South side has a quicker drop off so you can troll for lakers there with a shorter paddle. Woodville has a nice state wildlife area (You know those brown wood sign makers?) where the water is flush with the parking lot, very easy to launch.

The great part about being a kayak angler is you can launch almost anywhere you can get to the water, and for free....just don't trespass or at least ask permission first!

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbows only or are there Laker/ Brown/ LL divisions?

Entry forms are available at canandaiguachamber.com. I picked up ours at suttons. All proceeds benefit camp good days & special times and mercy flight central. It's $15 per person. Prize money is $1000, $500, $300, $150, $50 and $100 for largest rainbow. It's a very good tournament that benefits some great causes.

On the north end it is the "inn on the lake", never been there but I believe it is close to the river where the launch is.... On the south end it is "fields construction"....I think that is the same place as Jansen marina. FLX, are you going out there this weekend?