Otisco lake topwater walleye 6-3

Went 5-6 last night once we figured out where we had to be. Finally action on floaters and a better bite. 4 fish came on surface explosions on the pause. Action is now at point where I'm offering 6 hour trips for $180 everything included.

post-151276-0-28284300-1433431937_thumb.jpg

Nice job Justin. Good luck with your new profession, wish you the best man!!!

Thanks Pap! Profession is too strong a word....just a hobby now....make a few dollars to blow on more gear. Maybe in a few years ill be busy enough, and offer other trips so I could make a few bucks.

Thanks Kevin, but you know as well as i do you can be an expert on one body of water and struggle on other body of water until you put some real time in on the water. A guide can and should shorten that learning curve. Most people never have enough time to learn faster than they forget if you know what I mean.

Without a doubt, but putting some time in is always part of success. Most everything I do on the water is a blend of a lifetime of fishing, talking fishing, reading about fishing, and even hunting. Just last night once Kevin and i got on fish we both insictively started whispering and sneaking around on the boat like were stalking....and that's just what we were doing stalking fish in 2 fow! Can you make noise? Sure...if you couldn't Wyatt from hunting camp would never catch! But I doubt noises help catch bigger walleye.

I've been out with 2 salmon guides in my life, and I've been out with Justin a few times. I would Definitly say the guys that do it for a living act like "it's a job" .... but fishing with Justin and the conversations we've had I can tell you he isn't just going through the motions. He knows his lake and the prey that are in it.... and its very cool to fish from a pontoon! Lots of room to move about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Pap! Profession is too strong a word....just a hobby now....make a few dollars to blow on more gear. Maybe in a few years ill be busy enough, and offer other trips so I could make a few bucks.

No it's not!! With your perseverance and personality word will travel fast. When I first went into business for myself 23 years ago I spent a lot of money on advertising, I can and will tell you word of mouth is the best advertisement there is plus like mentioned above you want your clients to do well and in your situation you will be able to interact with them very easy and show them the ropes of eye fishing. Once again like mentioned above once you get basics down, if your any type of a fisherman you can figure it out. I consider myself a lucky guy as a kid my uncles took me on Canadian fishing trips, and my uncles were hard core walleye fishermen. I've been on numerous fly in trips and as time went on we were able to drive to the lake we fished for 20 years, then we started going to others, it always took a day to figure them out but we used what we learned from other lakes, including Lake Ontario. In your profession you will give the guys the education and the confidence to try it again and then they will be hooked. I remember my first charter for eyes it was on Erie and we had a 6 man ticket in four hours, the captain told us we were the best group he had in years, he even took us for jumbo perch, what I'm getting at is nobody forgets their first trip and many return year after year as they don't get enough time to go on their own, then they bring other friends and so on, you will do well!! It would be great to have a job you love!! Your friend PAP

John if you hit it soon before the weeds get up bad you won't need exact waypoints to fish that area. Wait too long and you have to scout first in daylight and make some waypoints where there is less weeds. And of course you can check with me and just go with me too!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app