Non - Fishing post need info.

I'm not sure if my truck has a brake problem or transmission.  Who in the area ( Ovid ) north or south of the lake would be a good person to take it to and have it checked out ????

Thanks 

Ed

I'm not sure if my truck has a brake problem or transmission.  Who in the area ( Ovid ) north or south of the lake would be a good person to take it to and have it checked out ????

Thanks 

Ed

You could try Route 89 Auto- 607-532-4356, or 139 Auto, couldn`t find a number.  Good luck.

Dodge Ram 1500, I think the the brake made some noise when we pulled the boat up the ramp. Then when I got to the top of the hill and backed in my lot. The surge brakes on the boat trailer kicked in and I heard that loud clunk. We pulled her out to the road and backed in back in the lot 3 or 4 times no noise. I put the E-brake on and back up a bit and that did sound like the noise at the lake ramp. So I got my fingers crossed it was just nothing much.

The truck is a 2006 with 24,000 miles on it. Just had a brake job last inspection , said it was mainly rust damage. Lodi launch I have to back in a long ways with back wheels getting half way up under water. Told me to use WD40 every now and then.

Sounds like your parking brake pad possibly hung up. I'll assume that's 4 wheel disc brakes on that truck..

The clunk come from truck or trailer brakes?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Probably right about the parking brake but also sometimes rust on the brakes and then getting them wet say the rear ones at the launch ramp can sound that way too.

That what im thinking also, pad stuck at the ramp , windows down backing in on the hill and the trailer brakes engaged making a clunking sound.

Yes Nick they are disc brakes. Going to rain I guess tommaro so I,ll un hook and do my shopping using the truck......

Thanks again guys , hope I dont need one but if I do I now know who to call.