Wilson REELJERKS With PICS May 19th 2008

Fished out of Wilson again Sunday. We got a late start and did not have the first line in the water till around 6 am. Fishing was a bit slow at first catching a lot of small fish "DINKS" and a few in the 3,5,7,9,10 pound range..We had it all working with the 10 rod spread, both Otter boards out, riggers, wire dipseys, 300 copper, 500 copper, half core.... full core and flat lines...

My Uncle Bill kept a few of the fish for the smoker. He will smoke em up and share with the guys and gals of the VFW..also he is making up some Salmon Jerky for the Pro-Ams...stop on by say HI and try a hunk..

CLICK ON PICS FOR FULL SIZE VIEWS

DSCN0094-1.jpgDSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0074-1.jpgDSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

Mark

Mark,

I'm trying to get into running more than just 4 rods this year, any chance you can jot down a quick diagram of how you run that many rods without tangling? I'm trying to imagine it, but all I see are tangles and lines crossing, and when a fish hits... well I might have nightmares about it tonight.

Nick

Not sure the exact beam of my boat, but it's only 19'. Actually, if you're still up at Wilson, it's the white trophy in the parking lot next to the cleaning station :) I'll check out some of your videos and see if I can figure out how you cram 10 rods into there :) I'd be happy with 6 (not including boards)

Nick

Nick;

use the boards with copper and core set up's then divers on port and star...theres at least six right there...now you have the riggers left.

Remember to get the right amount of line off the boards to get down to where the fish are at..example 300' copper around 60' down ect ect ect

Mark

Yeah I might have to buy a board. Right now all I have are two inline planers (one for each side). I've been hesitant to run my leadcore (don't have copper) off of it simply because I can only imagine how much "fun" it would be to reel in. In your video I see you have a planer that you just clip onto so you don't have to fight the planer when the fish hits.... that makes a lot more sense.

Nick

smile.is that what copper does to a planer board ? looks to be tracking just a little off plane

Yup Ray, thats what a fish on the copper does to a board. Its like a bobber. Actually, thats not a good thing when it doesnt release sometimes. I had the release set too tight at Sodus last year during the Pro-Am and had a king hit the copper. We couldnt get the damn thing to release. The fish ended up straightening out the split ring! This is on an NK spoon, so you know the components are good quality.