STICK BAITS OR SPOONS, WHAT IS BETTER FOR BROWNS?

When the browns are in shallow (April, early May...on the beach) it's mostly stick baits for us. But once they start to move out to deeper water we do very well on them with spoons...Wednesday was a prime example of that...30FOW, spoons near bottom.....FISH ON!!

Spoons, and if you use the right ones you'll never touch the bottom. I never have, even in 4 ft. of water. Most sticks will thump the bottom starting at around 7 feet. Tank

all depends some days spoons are hot and other days sticks work good im using more spoons on the boards now and seem to be catching lots a fish. try 1 and if you aint getting any hits switch over it just might make the differance.

Run both until the fish tell you what they want. I like to run spoons off the boards even in the spring. A big split shot above the spoon about 8 feet, just need to watch your turns or else you will hang up. I have taken alot of big browns on spoons mixed into a stickbait progam.

Once the sun gets highier and the fish slide out deeper, spoons off the riggers can not be beat for big browns.

Thermocline browns mid summer is another good time to get your spoons out and hold on. You can get your big boys once the thermocline sets up...

Jax