LOC Derby rule #18

Myself and another guy weren't sure how this rule worked so I wrote to Dave Chilson and here's what he said.

As stated in the RULES AND REGULATIONS

# 18. Is entitled to only one division cash prize. No participant may win more than one of the division prizes, although contestants may enter more than one fish. If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn.

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly.

If I enter fish in all 3 divisions (salmon, trout and steelhead) and these fish are all in the top tier, can I win prize $$ for each division?

Thanks

Greg DeRose

Dave wrote: "You can only have one fish on the board at a time. That is determined by how much money that place is worth, sometimes a lower placing salmon is worth more than a higher placing trout. 

You can win multiple daily prizes in all three divisions. In the Fall it's $500 for Salmon and $200 each for Brown & Rainbow."

Good luck!

David Chilson

LOC Derby

So how exactly can I win multiple daily prizes if I can only have one fish on the board at a time????

Besides, the fish that has the highest money value today, may be a much less valuable fish tomorrow, while the fish that got bumped yesterday because of a lesser financial value may in fact become the devision winning fish, because of additional bumping across the board of bigger or better fish caught by other competitors, which caused one of their fish being bumped.

I do believe that I need a clearer explanation of the rules because the way they were presented here is very unclear and at the same time have the potential of allowing smaller fish to win bigger prizes.

This way of prizes being awarded can be blown out of the water by any lawyer in town.

Edited by rolmops

I believe if your higher value fish drops below, they will put your other back up.  It has been this way for YEARS!!!!!!   You can win more than one daily prize with a fish on the board but the smaller ones will not go on the board.  As long as it is the biggest of the day, you win. 

I believe if your higher value fish drops below, they will put your other back up.  It has been this way for YEARS!!!!!!   You can win more than one daily prize with a fish on the board but the smaller ones will not go on the board.  As long as it is the biggest of the day, you win. 

I hope that you are right. It seems that that 34 pound laker you caught a few years ago is still biting you in the behind because I do not see a laker devision in the fall LOC

I hope that you are right. It seems that that 34 pound laker you caught a few years ago is still biting you in the behind because I do not see a laker devision in the fall LOC

Yes......  One of two changes in the LOC that I do not agree with!  Lets not get me started on that subject again!

with the direction the lake is going.....in 5 years all that will be left is a lake trout division.

Gambler, I have a feeling your skills are going to be in high demand in 5-7 years.

That is possible, but right now many charter boat captains are becoming expert laker fishermen for obvious reasons and before too long they will put a serious dent in the laker population.

with the direction the lake is going.....in 5 years all that will be left is a lake trout division.

Gambler, I have a feeling your skills are going to be in high demand in 5-7 years.

Yuuuuuuuuup! Let's save this subject for the winter blues!

silverfoxcharters.net

Myself and another guy weren't sure how this rule worked so I wrote to Dave Chilson and here's what he said.

As stated in the RULES AND REGULATIONS

# 18. Is entitled to only one division cash prize. No participant may win more than one of the division prizes, although contestants may enter more than one fish. If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn.

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly.

If I enter fish in all 3 divisions (salmon, trout and steelhead) and these fish are all in the top tier, can I win prize $$ for each division?

Thanks

Greg DeRose

Dave wrote: "You can only have one fish on the board at a time. That is determined by how much money that place is worth, sometimes a lower placing salmon is worth more than a higher placing trout. 

You can win multiple daily prizes in all three divisions. In the Fall it's $500 for Salmon and $200 each for Brown & Rainbow."

Good luck!

David Chilson

LOC Derby

I believe they do this to spread the wealth