Owasco 9/5

Last minute decision to fish owasco. Hit water late morning. Had a solid screen of fish and bait. Lots of big hooks 100 down over 125 to 135. Landed 3 smaller lakers. Had heavy fish come loose about 25 ft behind boat, and several rigger releases w nobody home. Weeds suck! Fleas are minimal. All landed fish came on chartruse evil eyes 30 behind rigger, down 70(65) according to probe. Washed lots of gear around 40 and 100 where screen looked best but no luck.post-154453-14414965867636_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah, those weeds were a nightmare up there last week, finally got into water were they weren't and got a bunch of lakers that covered the column from top to bottom. Don't give up on the 40 ft or the cores, they'll give you nice suprises when they fire! Problem is you probably had a bunch of lookers that saw instant weeds on the rigger ball or spoons. Dont give up on her.

I saw a guy running what looked like the old squid baits backwards and up the line like 3ft or so, I would think that was a weed catcher. Just a thought fella's?

I saw a guy running what looked like the old squid baits backwards and up the line like 3ft or so, I would think that was a weed catcher. Just a thought fella's?

That is part of a king setup.

Sometimes just placing a large split shot up the line can help a bit in keeping the spoon itself clean but not when the weeds are real excessive

Thanks for the info guys. Today I was watching a show about fishing for muskies and of all places it was on SLR and the weeds were terrible, they took a skirt off a spinner bait, cut most of the long hairs or whatever you call the stuff off and it looked like a umbrella then they put it up the line backwards and anklered it with a slip bobber stop. That kept their baits pretty clean by golly. Food for thought if nothing else.