Lure Painting

RD9

I have dabbled in painting my own lures and am a complete novice. I am a walleye fisherman whom spends lots of time out of Dunkirk. I tie my own worm harnesses and have become fairly competent. Please point my in the right direction on what to buy and any books/videos that I might need to look at. I seen that some on this forum do great work and I want to learn and am willing to invest the money in top of the line equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2015 at 8:09 AM, RD9 said:

I have dabbled in painting my own lures and am a complete novice. I am a walleye fisherman whom spends lots of time out of Dunkirk. I tie my own worm harnesses and have become fairly competent. Please point my in the right direction on what to buy and any books/videos that I might need to look at. I seen that some on this forum do great work and I want to learn and am willing to invest the money in top of the line equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

I just got started myself I'm still farting around on paper some times you can't do anything wrong the next time you can't even make uniform dots for crying out loud. Perseverance will prevail. I was told by one of the best in the business, he told me to get a iwata brush and I have a compressor in the garage so I ran a line a water separater and pressure gauge I mounted all that right in front sometimes you need to bump the pressure up to get better result, then back down to normal range. I use createx paints they are water clean up, and the have ever color and then some, wicked colors is in the wood pile with createx, look up that paint you won't be sorry,,