Honeoye Lake

bshanggi

Spudded my way out to the trench from the east side today. Shore ice was far from stellar but the main lake ice was good. 3-3.5" of black ice. 33 keeper perch came home. Tips downs and tip ups were a waste of time. Jigging was fast and furious. Lots of dinks with keepers mixed in.

Nice going Brian. I saw there was a bunch out there earlier out from the ramp on the webcam. Hope the ice holds up with the projected weather coming up.

Nice going Brian. I saw there was a bunch out there earlier out from the ramp on the webcam. Hope the ice holds up with the projected weather coming up.

I think you will be able to use a boat by Thursday Les. Not looking good. The weatherman said record warmth on Wednesday with wind and rain......

I like your optimism Jim. I too am hoping it isn't over so quickly. A lot depends on wind direction , how much water opens up and the wind speed during that warm period and when the temp goes back down. Hoping for the best. :)

Edited by Sk8man

Took a drive around Honeoye and Canadice yesterday. Sad! Open water from Trident all the way down to the first point north of launch. What appeared to be ice was nothing more than a thin layer of shush. 40 deg there yesterday didn't help. Canadice looked much better - if you had a boat! Below freezing temps supposedly begin Wednesday. Maybe next Saturday for the south end gills.