Another Border Crossing Question

sszoldra

I just read another post about crossing the border with a boat, but I've never seen an answer to my question, so here goes. If I'm heading straight out from Oswego Harbor at about what water depth does the line cross? Last year I started heading  deeper  to fish, and really did pretty well out to 500' but I hadn't a clue how close I was to the Canadian line. Thanks to all.

With out knowing for sure your bearings heading out, that is hard to say whether you went over border or not.  As someone stated it shows as a dotted line on GPS if you have one. You were probably damn close if you didnt cross over.  If you have a smart phone get the navionics map app and it will show you exactly where you are on the lake.

There should be a faint dotted line that appears on your GPS map that depicts the border.  That would be your best tool to use.  Without a GPS.....you are just guessing.

You know I was looking for the line on the water but couldn't find it. They should make it red instead of that faint blue. That way it would be easier to see in the water.

Checked my Navionics chart:

The closest point to the Canadian border is 17.7 miles from the Oswego light (bearing 127*)

It gets deep quick out of Oswego, you hit 500' around 6 miles and see 600' at 8.1 miles from the light so you should be good