copper with snap weights??

Anyone tried using 300 ft. of 45# copper with various snap weights above the knot on the backing (then let out ?? ft.) in an attempt to gain more depth? Wondering if this could accomplish nearly the same thing as 400-600 ft. of copper.

Dick

I say get a 400-600' section and have someone else reel it in! LOL I have never used snap weights with my copper, but many times with core. I just like to know that my 400 copper is at 80-90'. I wouldn't know with a snap weight on copper where it was unless I did some research by bumpin it off bottom and when I am out i want to catch fish and not experiment like that. Just my .02$

Joe,

Go to the stiger site and you'll see dive bombs. They are a weighted "lip" that attaches to your line or lead core. They have 1oz, 2,3 and 4oz. Every ounce gets you about 8 more ft. down. Ex: 4oz bomb on your lead will get you between 80 and 90' if you have the knot at the water.

Long story on the pro-am. I'll catch up to ya later on that. I think we'll be fishing sat. morning. I'll talk to ya on the water if you go yourself or give me a ring.

Yes that is 10 colors. I put the bomb on after the first color. Some put it on at the 5th color. I also have a couple 3 color rods and put a 2oz bomb on to make it go down about 25'-30' instead of the 15' you'll get w/ just the 3 color.