Anyone see the new Torpedo weighted steel wire?

vetting

Anyone see the new Torpedo weighted steel wire?  Its a new product for 2016 meant to have the flexibility without kinking of wire and have the weight of copper.   Thoughts?  I only run read and have 10 different lead reels for my boat and just havent had the urge to try copper since it tends to be a pain. 

I put some of the product in my hands at the LOTSA show.  It is MUCH more user friendly than copper.  Very supple.  I think guys will like the product.  If I was starting off new in the copper game I would probably use it.

never saw the torpedo weighted wire,but would it be any worst than using wire typically used for divers????

I would imagine that it would be the same kind of wear that might require a twilly tip. The copper really doesn't need it so much in the respect that it's softer, and not used typically for dipsey work, But then again if it's just the drag of a lure and not a dipsy it might be ok. However a king dragging it out and the fisherman reeling it back and forth could be bad. Maybe it wouldn't be any worse than copper in that respect, I don't know. It's new, it will get tested, and reviewed by many soon.

So since I dont want to look through 1000 post regarding copper - what would be the recommended weight to get?  I already have 1 through 10 color reels setup and catch a majority of my fish on those.  Would a 300 copper/steel be the way to start?  What is the supposed depth on 300?

300 copper ballparks at 60 to 66 feet full out knot at the water. Other factored conditions are SWAG. speed, lure type, turns, all enter the SWAG estmate. Weighted steel...I don't know, it's suppose to be the same sink rate as copper..claimed to be about 20 to 22 feet per 100 feet out.