Trim tabs for Starcraft Fishmaster 210

Trorun

I had a 2100 fishmaster with a Yamaha F200, mounted 3rd hole from top, with a 17 pitch stainless Mercury Tempest Plus prop - would do mid 40's loaded down with 4 guys.  Top end in the upper 40's with slightly lighter load and flat seas.  I screwed around with a bunch of props, the stock Yamaha prop in a 19 pitch was an absolute dog.  Make sure that at wide open throttle and properly trimmed out that the anti-cavitation plate isn't sunk too deep - should just have a skimming of water flowing over top of it. That will give you the proper motor height, then from a prop standpoint, at wide open throttle you want to be right up against the rev limiter, but from my experience a 17 pitch prop seems just about right.  Check out the Tempest Plus - it really performs well on multi-species boats, gets the boat up and out of the water and on plane quick.  You will also need a hub kit for it, to adapt it for use with a Yamaha motor.  I would try this before I went with trim tabs personally.  That boat will perform with the right prop. 

I agree must be your set-up mine burns water coming out of the hole trims out quick..... I'll take a look on the prop and other set-up and get back to you..... we are not that far away if you want to take a look see.. about 30 minutes or so.. let me know

Thanks guys. I might take you up on the offer Ed  IIm going down to Bloomsburg to pick up my boat this Thursday.  I gave the dealership a chance to remedy the issue but after a two month interim they came back and stated the boat worked just fine and suggested it was me that did not know how to trim or operate the boat.  I told the young lad that I had been operating and trimming boats when he was still in diapers. :)  I can always learn more and that's why I rely on the help form the expertise I get from this site. I load the boat up pretty heavy and with the Terrova and 3 AGMs in the bow storage area there is a lot of weight up front. When I load it with gear and 3 to 4 fisherman I don't get the performance I would expect out of a 200. The service guy tested it without any load or gear and said he got near the recommended RPM and did not experience any listing to port.  He was the only person on board 1/4 tank of gas and no gear.  I will get some fresh numbers with the intended load on a trimmed out top RPM and report back. will observe the water flow over the cavitation plate I will look at the Tempest props as wellk

Thanks guys. I might take you up on the offer Ed  IIm going down to Bloomsburg to pick up my boat this Thursday.  I gave the dealership a chance to remedy the issue but after a two month interim they came back and stated the boat worked just fine and suggested it was me that did not know how to trim or operate the boat.  I told the young lad that I had been operating and trimming boats when he was still in diapers. :)  I can always learn more and that's why I rely on the help form the expertise I get from this site. I load the boat up pretty heavy and with the Terrova and 3 AGMs in the bow storage area there is a lot of weight up front. When I load it with gear and 3 to 4 fisherman I don't get the performance I would expect out of a 200. The service guy tested it without any load or gear and said he got near the recommended RPM and did not experience any listing to port.  He was the only person on board 1/4 tank of gas and no gear.  I will get some fresh numbers with the intended load on a trimmed out top RPM and report back. will observe the water flow over the cavitation plate I will look at the Tempest props as wellk

Oh-boy , Townmarine? They set mine up but any dealing later with them was a total nightmare parts guy a jerk...

They give piss poor service , good deals on boats...you mite want to check with the dealer from North of you or maybe give snakecreek a call...

I agree. Sales staff and price could not be beat. But getting them to respond after the sale was very difficult. I have left them 4 messages over the past week and have not heard a word back from them .hopefully the boat will be ready to pick up when I go down on Thursday.

I hope you make out OK , 

Down to barn and....

from top hole to bottom of boat mine is in the 2nd hole....

SS prop - Yamaha Reliance Series

(on the prop) 18M 

14 1/4

If you want to stop by here on the way to look at mine let me know.

I'll be around

The F200 is a "weak" 200 by most accounts, as I think technically it outputs like 187 HP or something - but that being said the fishmaster is plenty light. I got good performance out of mine. 3 batteries up front could hurt it some but you should still be able to get it up on plane. I don't own the boat anymore but another member on here does.

Trorun, what kind of performance were you getting with your setup?  I am picking up my 196 from them in a week.  I have the same motor and am requesting a reliance SDS 14.25 x 17P prop.

Disregard, I found your previous post in regards to the performance.  I will post mine after I break the motor in.

Edited by muzzy123

I am not sure if the fishmaster being over 20 feet has flotation foam, but if it does, you should check out if it is saturated with water. Water in the foam can add a lot of weight and it may be the reason why your boat is under performing.

Edited by rolmops