Slide Divers

Returned to the launch the other day, got to talking with a real nice older gentlemen that in my opinion forgot more about fishing than I'll ever know. When talking about using dipsys and deeper divers he said he now uses slide divers over the other brands can I get some opinions on how they work also do they work well with wire.  Thanks for the feedback

they "snap" on the line any length behind the bait you want, think of setting a line on a rigger but with a dipsy. When they trip just like a dipsy they slide down to your leader swivel. Not sure on wire, never used on their

I have run slide divers with braid exclusively for 15 years. The beauty of slide divers is you can run as long a lead as you want to. You let out as much line as you want to, snap it closed and put the closed dipsy to your desired depth. On strike the dipsy slides down to the barrel swivel that attaches the braid to your fluorocarbon leader. Can't beat sliders.

On my wire SD's I run the diver on 30lb mono so it can slide easier. I also add a leader so diver is away from the fish. They work fine- take a little getting used to.