flares

I never thought of using them to start campfires. I have a load of them to get rid off but couldnt figure out how to safely. I understand them still be good past expiration date but tell that to coast guard or other marine authority.

For whatever it's worth, it's not illegal to have expired flares on board as long as you have the unexpired flares on board as well. Nothing wrong with back ups if in the event you needed them. That was from the coast guard. I would make sure you have them labeled. Or use them for fire starters lol

Also don't test them while on the boat incase something wrong. Give them a test on shore to make sure you know what you are doing. My step mother's cousin watched a guy strike one at a car accident and it broke off and went down his boot. Not a good situation, be careful they are not toys.

Also don't test them while on the boat incase something wrong. Give them a test on shore to make sure you know what you are doing. My step mother's cousin watched a guy strike one at a car accident and it broke off and went down his boot. Not a good situation, be careful they are not toys.

I think his boots were too big... Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app