Otisco 4/24 update

Hey guys, I'm new here. My name is Tyler and I frequently fish Otisco. I just posted a little introduction/about me post in the Introduce Yourself section, so I won't bore you about all that here too.

Today we put the boat in just for an hour or so on Otisco and got everything running again, and to check the water temps. North End was around 50-51 while South end was around 47-49. Didn't catch anything today, but didn't fish too much. Vegetation is pretty minimal still, although there are a few algae blooms clumped around down by the dam. Looks like the weeds are starting to pop up off the bottom. Docks are just starting to be put in too (seems kinda late).

Hopefully it will be a good year for big bass and tigers in Otisco! Feeling pretty optimistic about this season.

See you guys out there, hopefully with better results than I got today!

Tyler

f8906c27772137a6cc42b666c865538a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Reelfanatic, I'm honestly not the one to ask for advice for trout as they are not my forte, as I mainly just cast for bass and muskies. Wish I could help but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to trolling, especially for trout. I have seen a few boats out there trolling, but not too many. A few here and there. Mainly just seen bass boats and guys fishing for panfish. The guys I have seen trolling have been out in the middle and by the guard rails near the marina. I was going to go fish from the shore today but opted to go to Onondaga lake because it was packed. I take that as a good sign that the general bite is picking up on Otisco. I'll be out at the dam fishing from shore tomorrow, hopefully can get into some perch and crappie. Keep us posted with how you do, and good luck!

Tyler

Beautiful fish! Glad to hear you had a fun outing. I just got in from fishing by the dam on shore and only managed a bullhead and some sunfish...was hoping for some crappie. Nevertheless, always nice to be on the lake