Jax report Sandy creek 6/23 pm

Spent the good part of my morning with Gambler installing my Simrad AP14R and Im so glad it went smooth. Started around 9 and finished up close to noon. Replacing the existing rack and pinion cable with a rotary cable, replacing the helm unit and running and mounting appropriate hardware. Thanks again brian, it definatly went alot faster having two of us working at it.

Sooo of course had to test out the AP and calibrate it right?? Went to sandy around 530pm to see calm waters, and little breeze. Dropped in close to 6 and had it calibrated in about 3 minutes. Motored around inside 100 fow and messed around for an hour or so then pointed the boat north. Fished the temps and ended up 5 for 5 in about 3 hrs of fishing. All fish were kings with biggest around 14 lbs the rest smaller with one dink. No particular pattern except deep! 180-250fow down 100-140.

First fish to release a dipsey in awhile was the 14 lber actually took drag and fought! I didnt have to manually pop the dipsey to avoid drowning out a skipper. :lol:

Nice night out and nice to have the autopilot installed and working!! 8)

Should be out wednesday and thursday mornin.

Jax

The unit I installed on Jax's boat runs off it's own compass that is mounted in the bow of the boat. He has a Simrad AP14. I have the Sport Pilot Plus and it runs the same way. I would buy the Simrad in a heart beat. It is really easy to install and seems well built.

Just talked to him and he's gonna stay on shore. I have a guy that works for me and his 4 year old son that are going with me but I have to be off the water by 10-10:30am to get to work.

I'm starting inside then moving out if there's no takers (I said takers not LAKERS :lol: )